Team Walrus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review

3 posters

Go down

Review  Empty Review

Post by druf Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:37 am

This game was very odd. There were parts where the game was really difficult for your level, (ice cavern). There were also places like the underwater crystal, that you could beat by holding down the attack button.

Gameplay: The game is really fun, it is awesome having the different classes and the well defined strengths and weaknesses. The fighter/knight/warrior was severely over powered in the defense stat. While the monk/black belt/master with haste on did over half the damage of the final boss while only at level 40.

Graphics: There were some great animations in the original, I played it on the ps1, so obviously the graphics were top of the line.

Story: The story for its time was probably groundbreaking. I liked how it kept moving, it told you where to go and you would go there and continue. Near the end there was a lot of freedom and made the game really fun.

Characters: In battle they were great they all have their place and were better than most. However outside of the battle, you only saw the fighter because of walking, there was nothing the whole time.

Battle/Magic- The weapons and armor were defined by person which is pretty standard. The magic system was something I really enjoyed. There were spell charges for each level of magic that way moves like cure wouldn't effect your holy. This is probably my favorite part of the game.

Overall- A great game and a great one to start on. If its your first time I really recommend buying final fantasy origins they will get you well equipped to this series. Out of the 11 that I've played it is in the top tier with ff6 but it is on the next highest level.

druf
Newbie Senior
Newbie Senior

Back to top Go down

Review  Empty Re: Review

Post by Mr iOXZ Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:55 am

druf wrote:This game was very odd. There were parts where the game was really difficult for your level, (ice cavern). There were also places like the underwater crystal, that you could beat by holding down the attack button.

Gameplay: The game is really fun, it is awesome having the different classes and the well defined strengths and weaknesses. The fighter/knight/warrior was severely over powered in the defense stat. While the monk/black belt/master with haste on did over half the damage of the final boss while only at level 40.

Graphics: There were some great animations in the original, I played it on the ps1, so obviously the graphics were top of the line.

Story: The story for its time was probably groundbreaking. I liked how it kept moving, it told you where to go and you would go there and continue. Near the end there was a lot of freedom and made the game really fun.

Characters: In battle they were great they all have their place and were better than most. However outside of the battle, you only saw the fighter because of walking, there was nothing the whole time.

Battle/Magic- The weapons and armor were defined by person which is pretty standard. The magic system was something I really enjoyed. There were spell charges for each level of magic that way moves like cure wouldn't effect your holy. This is probably my favorite part of the game.

Overall- A great game and a great one to start on. If its your first time I really recommend buying final fantasy origins they will get you well equipped to this series. Out of the 11 that I've played it is in the top tier with ff6 but it is on the next highest level.

I laughed at bold.
Mr iOXZ
Mr iOXZ
Private
Private

https://teamwalrus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by druf Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:24 am

I did it for you brah, also to make fun of Tony if he comes.

druf
Newbie Senior
Newbie Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr iOXZ Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:47 am

druf wrote:I did it for you brah, also to make fun of Tony if he comes.
He said he will next semester when he has less work.
Mr iOXZ
Mr iOXZ
Private
Private

https://teamwalrus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dontlookdown Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:01 pm

druf wrote:I did it for you brah, also to make fun of Tony if he comes.
HEY THAT BRAH IS MY BEST FRIEND EVER IN REAL LIFE

dontlookdown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum